Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Saying Good-Bye

Grandma died on Wednesday.
We all knew that it was going to happen,
but when it did it surprised us still.
No one was ready, except Grandma.
She was ready to find peace from a body that pained and ached.

At her service they played her favorite song.
My Grandpa cried for his sweetheart.
My dad cried for his mom.
I cried for them all.

When Bob Marley sang out his last words,
we told stories to remember.
Stories of reggae and concerts
and trampolines and Bob Marley.

We laughed and we cried
and we remembered.

By Amanda Williams

In Memory of Mary White
January 27, 2016


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem! I especially liked the second stanza where you described who was crying for who. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing Amanda, how moving and personal this poem is. I am almost crying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do not write poetry, but it is amazing how easily words come when you are feeling emotions rawly and honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poem! I'm so sorry for your loss. It was awful when my grandpa passes away a couple years ago. My grandparents were married for 60 years.
    I wonder what life must feel like after spending every day for 60 years with someone and the they're gone...

    ReplyDelete