Sunday, April 24, 2016

Picture Book- I Wanna Trampoline















7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! How did you do this? I am assuming you are an expert "scrapbooker" to be able to do something so cool??? I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! How did you do this? I am assuming you are an expert "scrapbooker" to be able to do something so cool??? I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most clever book! I love the point of view changes and the love note formatting! I spent most of my childhood trying to convince my parents of the same thing...and they finally gave in the year I left for college! So, when my husband and I built our house, one of the initial concerns was, "Where will our trampoline go?" We dug it into the ground, so falling off of it isn't a huge issue (but I'm sure it presents others!). No ER visits from the trampoline, yet, and we've had it for six years! Has it been worth all the persuasion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda--Thanks for sharing your persuasive narrative! The back and forth discussion between both of you is great and you have a mentor text to share with your students. A good friend is an xray tech for a hospital. Guess what the number one kid injury they have each week--yep, from trampolines. So my husband won't let us have one even with the safety nets. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it has already been said, but I thought this was the most clever idea for a picture book! I love the scrapbook cut-outs, the cute sign-offs (Your Worried Husband, etc). What a wonderful idea--even as I read it on my computer, it gave the story more texture, and I liked having the dual voices. I enjoyed reading through all your other pieces as well. I appreciate your personal voice! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you published this! Super cute! Will you have your students do a similar scrapbook style?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you put a persuasive piece into a picture book format. It shows how picture books can be incorporated with other genres of writing. I also like how you personalized your picture book with actual pictures of your family. On a separate note I also enjoyed your article about Northwest animals. I didn't write nonfiction, so I admire your approach to it. It is great to tie informational writing with topics that are related to where we live. It makes it more engaging for our students.

    ReplyDelete