Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dear Dale,

Remember last summer, when you said that our family needed to get outside to play more often? Well, I think I have the perfect idea. Let's get a trampoline for our backyard!

Playing outside will help us get into shape and stay healthy. Did you know that jumping on a trampoline is great exercise? Jumpers can burn up to 600 calories in one hour! Exercise will give us energy and will help us feel good too!

The kids love to go to G6, but it can get so busy! It's expensive too, especially when the kids bring a friend. Imagine all of the money we will save with a trampoline right in the convenience of our own backyard!

I know that you may feel worried about someone getting hurt. It's true that kids end up in the emergency room with broken bones after falling of their trampolines. Let's not let this stop us from having fun! We can take precautions to keep us safe.  We can get a safety net for our trampoline! A net will keep us safe while we jump and flip on our new trampoline.

I also know how much you love our lawn. You've put a lot of time into keeping that yard of ours perfect and green. The kids and I promise to help you move the trampoline so that you mow beneath it. Pinkie promise!

I bet you can see yourself mastering the back-flip right now! Dale "Back-Flip" Williams! What do you say?

Sincerely,
Your Jump-Happy Wife, Amanda


5 comments:

  1. What a great persuasive letter, so cute and I will get you a tramp now!! Are you going to share this with your class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you turned your persuasive piece into a letter! It reminds me of the book, I Wanna Iguana. You used great kid friendly language and had great arguments! I think you may have left out the word 'can' in the sentence about mowing the lawn under the trampoline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha was Dale Back Flip Williams convinced by your letter?

    I love writing a persuasive letter as a new way of writing to introduce to your students

    I wish that we wrote letters more often as a society! My girls write back and forth to their Nana (my grandmother) and they just love getting letters and cards from her and sending notes back to her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amanda!

    This has been one of my favorite pieces of writing to read! It made me really happy to see someone try to talk their significant other into a trampoline. haha This is something I would do! I grew up with a trampoline so I totally get this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to introduce argument writing to your students. It sort of reminds me of the book I Wanna Iguana, where the main character writes a letter to his mom requesting an iguana. I hope you share this with your students!

    ReplyDelete